Sunday, April 1, 2012

Funky Furniture Finds! BEFORE photos

The past few months have been filled with planning, inspiration gathering and a few trial-and-error tests... but finally I'm feeling ready to create some Ziggy Sawdust specials!

I rummaged and raked in my favourite Junk Yard and came across a few pieces that I just could not leave behind. I'm so happy with my purchases!

Upside-down on top of a pile of furniture I spotted this:




A 1970's ottoman/chest with a white fluffy top and brass tipped legs! How very glam! The fur is in fabulous condition and once it's been cleaned up, it should be as good as new! I have a good few ideas for this one and can't wait to get started on the revamp (... I've got a feeling it's going to be an emotional goodbye when the time comes to let it go to a new home!!)



Next to catch my beady eye was this very retro 70's, teak cabinet... can you spot the red perspex hanging tray inside?... Amazing!






Above the hanging tray there is a little drawer that had a selection of little christmas decorations in it- along with a hand-made christmas tree shaped name badge for someone called Jeanette... I love thinking about who used to own the things I find and it's nice to come across some clues hidden in drawers! I think I'll call this cabinet 'Jeanette' once it's all spruced up to keep some of it's history alive...




And last but not least, I picked up a set of vintage nesting tables:





I know they might not be the most unusual of finds, but they have some very pretty engraving on them and beautiful shapely legs! And, once I'm finished with them, they'll have an identity all of their own...



Redesigning these furniture finds will involve: sanding, stripping, drilling, filling, painting and waxing; using pinks, greens, yellows, creams and (to be bold) a touch of GOLD!




Drop back in a few weeks for the grand reveal of the AFTER pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment