Wednesday, May 9, 2012

'Debbie'- 1970s Fur Topped Ottoman


And here's 'Debbie'!... She's definitely got a bit of a wild streak in her!

I decided to go all out and not hold back on the redesign of this 1970s ottoman- white faux-fur, golf leaf + exposed wood triangles and reworked retro legs make this piece sing loud + proud!

Here's the before shot:


I fell in love with the faux-fur top as soon as I set my eyes on it and originally thought that it was in good enough condition to keep it on... but on closer inspection, I realised that it was actually very grubby!

And when I went out and sourced some new fluffy fur, the contrast between the new and the original was quite revolting!!

new vs old... 

So rest assured, 'Debbie' has been fully re-upholstered!


Check out her super glamorous high heels:




 Chalky violet interior:




 and exposed wood + gold leaf triangles!:


And here's a few things which inspired the ottoman's redesign:

pinned here


pinned here

And of course the one and only, Miss Deborah Harry!


With her peroxide top and high-heels, I think the connection is pretty obvious!


No comments:

Post a Comment