Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Food For Thought (...or should that be grapes for thought?!)

Whilst I was working away, covered in paint (as per usual!) Lover to Lover by Florence + The Machine came on my iPod... 



Florence + The Machine- Love to Lover



and I don't know what it is but every time I hear it I just want to start singing Marvin Gaye's I Heard It Through The Grapevine...




Marvin Gaye- I Heard It Through The Grapevine


Is it the beat, the tune... the rhythm?? But the funny thing is, I've just come across a video of Florence doing a cover of I Heard It Through The Grapevine (if you want to cut to the chase, she starts singing at 03:19!)



Florence Welch on Dazed TV Party- I Heard It Through The Grapevine cover


It's a totally different version (all slowed down and atmospheric) but maybe old Marvin influenced Lover to Lover after all!



But anyway, all this aside, my favourite version of the song still has to be The Slits' effort:




The Slits- I Heard It Through The Grapevine

...Well, I'll sleep tonight now that I've got my music analogies of my chest!!

...oh, I heard it through the grapevine
... oh and I'm just about to loose my mind!
honey, honey yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment