Thursday, June 7, 2012

Retro Record Clocks!


I think it's about time that I give my Retro Record Clocks a bit of a mention seeing as they are currently dominating my ETSY shop!

I am a big 'retro' music fan (the Ziggy Stardust/Sawdust connection is no coincidence!) and my love of objects 100% extends to old records!

I am fully aware that the idea of converting records into clocks isn't the most original idea but they are fun to make and fun to own!

I try my best to focus on finding iconic records with a bit of cult status, to make the clocks all the more desirable... and I also use coloured plastic clock pieces to add a little 'pop' of colour!




click here


My favourite recent find has to be Simon and Garfunkle's Mrs Robinson 7" single from 1966, which is the sound track to one of my favourite films- The Graduate.

(So here's to you Mrs Robinson!)

Records are great objects in themselves and even though their function becomes altered when they are made into clocks, it's much nicer to have an affiliation with the songs that they contain!


Other clocks that I have made from great records include:







and



but you can find even more at my Etsy Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment