Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ziggy Sawdust in the ESPC!

I was delighted to receive a phone call from Lisa at the ESPC, asking if I would be interested in being featured in their paper... and of course I jumped at the chance!



The ESPC is No.1 for property marketing in East Central Scotland and it is the go to paper if you are thinking of moving house in Edinburgh.. or would just like a peek at whats on the market. My mum used to pick up a copy every week when I was little and I would frequently browse the pages, choosing my 'dream home' of the week. It is really exciting for me to now be featured in a double page spread!



If you would like to read the article, or download the PDF, click here!


But not only do I have a double page spread, but Ziggy Sawdust is also mentioned on the front cover...



 And in the 'Editor's Letter' !


It's such a lovely, colourful feature with a selection of 'Before and After' photos of my furniture, along with my Top Tips for up cycling furniture.




Here's a few quotes from the piece: 

"Ziggy Sawdust is all about rescuing pieces of old furniture before it gets to landfill and giving it a new lease of life and a quirky edge, so as it can fit into contemporary interiors and be loved once again.
As David Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust was escapism for many during the bleak conservative rule of the 1970s, I hope Ziggy Sawdust furniture will be escapism from the recent trends in generic flat-packed furniture!"

"I think my style, in terms of furniture could be described as being ‘bold’. I like to think outside the box and rework a piece to really stand out, making people take notice of it again rather than dismiss it as being old and dated."

Traditionally, furniture has been bought in suites of stained, varnished wood to keep a neural constant, while colour        is reserved for walls and decorative furnishings. However, I like to flip this around in keeping with the minimalist and Scandinavian inspired trends in interior design, where white walls are a staple, and statement pieces and pops of colour are left to stand out and really shine."
"However, when it comes to working on a commissioned project for a client, the project becomes more of collaboration. I like to consult the client on every step of the way, insuring that I am marrying their vision with my vision and reworking a piece to suit their style and interior; creating a statement piece that is tailored to their own individual requirements."



Lisa from the ESPC discovered what I do from seeing the documentary Future Positive filmed about Ziggy Sawdust and Jakub from Future Positive gave a lovely quote for the article:





Thank-you ESPC and Future Positive! I am one happy chap! ♥






No comments:

Post a Comment