Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ziggy Sawdust: Most Environmentally Responsible Business!

Last night, I attended the BT Scotland Young Entrepreneur Awards in Edinburgh and I won the award for 'Most Environmentally Responsible Business'! I am absolutely delighted to have received the award alongside  3 other amazing young business owners. 

 Jennifer Semple and Rachel Catherwood from First Class Physiotherapy won 'Best Website', fashion designer Rebecca Torres won 'Best E-Commerce Website' and Natalie Crayton from Hebridean Sea Salt won 'Most Visionary Business'... and to be part of 'an all-female line-up' (as the Scottish Daily Mail put it!) was quite exciting too!


Me, Jennifer, Rachel, Rebecca and Natalie



My business mentor Morag and me


My Granny and me


Me, Rebecca, Natalie, Rachel and Jennifer


Article in the Scottish Daily Mail




We also received some press coverage on allmediascotland.com which can be found by clicking here!


It means a lot to me to have won the award as being environmentally responsible is very important to me. The whole idea behind Ziggy Sawdust is to save beautiful pieces of vintage and retro pieces of furniture from being overlooked and ending up on landfill sites, simply because the are a little scratched or look a bit dated. Here's to future furniture search and rescues!


All photos courtesy of Malcolm Cochrane Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment